Students are invited to study Luther’s Small Catechism and the Bible in Pre-Confirmation (5th-6th grade) and Confirmation (7th-8th grades) classes. The goal is to encourage, by God’s Word and Holy Spirit, a growing, dynamic faith. As students study the six essential areas of faith they will learn:
- How Christians Live (The Ten Commandments)
- Who God Is (The Apostle’s Creed)
- How to Pray (The Lord’s Prayer)
- How to Forgive and Be Forgiven (The Office of the Keys and Confession)
- What Baptism Is (Holy Baptism)
- What the Lord’s Supper Is and Does (The Lord’s Supper).
Confirmation prepares the confirmand to make a public profession of Christian Faith and become a member of the church.
Confirmation and Pre-Confirmation classes meet on Wednesdays from 5:15-6:15 p.m. and follow the public school calendar.
Please see our Events page for specific dates.